I found this Tag on the lovely Kirstie’s blog (http://www.ayellowbrickblog.com/2013/12/top-beauty-finds-of-2013-tag.html?m=1) and thought that I would give it a try. 2013 has been the year where I really got into makeup. I hardly wore it all in any of the previous years so there are plenty of first time buys that I have fallen in love with. So lets hop to it!
1. My First top beauty find of 2013 has got to be the M.A.C eyebrow clear set . I have been fortunate enough to have good shaped eyebrows and have never had to fill them in (touch wood). However, I have always wanted something to make sure that the hairs didn’t move throughout the day and this does just that. It doesn’t add any colour to my brows but it allows me to keep all the hair together and pointing the same direction. The only downside to this product is that it is the final thing I do in my makeup routine, so it mixes with my foundation and has gone kind of cloudy.
2. My second top find is the Maybelline Baby Lips selection. I raved about them early in the year ( http://charlotteslife93.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/maybelline-baby-lips/) and I am absolutely in love with them. I own Cherry Me, Peppermint, Pink Punch and Peach Kiss and find that they are so soft on the lips and some of them are really super pigmented.
3. My next all time top find has got to be my Jo Malone Grapefruit Cologne. I adore this scent, it is a lot more grown up than a lot of the fragrances that I own. The whole experience of shopping in Jo Malone is brilliant. The service and the wrapping is amazing.
4. This year has definatley been the year of the lip product for me as you will be able to see, this is by far my all time favourite lipstick that I own. The Maybelline Colour Sensation in midnight plum is absolutely gorgeous and was a staple bold lip for me throughout Autumn/Winter.
5. Last but by no means least is the Clinique Superprimer Universal Face Primer. I am completely new to primers and headed to a Clinique counter because i had heard good things about their products. I can say that I had the best beauty counter experience at Clinique , the woman was super friendly and took her time explaining things to me and gave me hints and tips for all the products I was buying. This product makes my makeup glide on effortlessly and stops it coming off mid day. I have a habit of touching my forehead a lot so the makeup wouldn’t always stay all day but now it does.
Thanks for creating this awesome Tag Kirstie.
What are your top beauty finds of 2013?
Until next time,
Laugh, Love and Shop