2015 has nearly come to an end and that means only one thing – New Years Resolutions time! I did the same post last year and whilst I didn’t achieve everything that I set out to do (I mean who really does) there where a few major goals that I managed to tick off my list this year.
In 2015, I finally got that elusive permanent job, took my writing more seriously and got to attend a whole bunch of theatre shows and blogging events. I established a skin care routine, got more involved on Social Media and used up some of the makeup I have been holding on to for like forever! Funny though, that, that tattoo on this list is nowhere to be seen – oops! Oh well there is always next year!
Now onto 2016, anyone who knows me knows that I am an avid list writer, there is nothing more satisfying than being able to cross achievements off of a list and really see your accomplishments written down. I have thought long and hard about my 2016 New Years resolutions and have come up with quite a few under a variety of different headings. I’m hoping that by having these on the interweb for the whole World to see, that I will be held accountable – and I am sure Chandler will join it!
- Try Freelance Writing – I like to have side projects alongside my 9-5 job and I would really like to see if freelance writing could be that thing this year.
- Complete a Fashion Marketing Short Course – I’ve found one at London College of Fashion that looks interesting.
- Post a review on every theatre show that I see
- See at least 20 shows next year
- Look into writing about fashion and beauty in the theatre industry
- Regular see shows to keep my content up to date
- Engage on Social Media and improve my twitter statistics
- Get a press ticket on my own merit
Charlotte Life 93
- Reach 1,000 followers on twitter – this might be a bit ambitious but that is only 300 and something people away so if you are not already a part of the clan then click here!
- Reach 700 instagram followers – 140 away from this goal which would make me super happy as I am really liking the content I am producing lately and hope you guys do too.
- Reach 250 followers on bloglovin – this has always been a slow burner for me and hasn’t really taken off, so I would like to improve my following on bloglovin!
- Reach 500 word press followers – so close I can almost touch it!
- 100 likes on Facebook – this is a platform that I need to push on more but it has become my favourite way to make sure that my Family and Friends get a chance to see my work.
- Keep to a three post a week schedule – starting on the 4th I am hoping to post Mon, Wed, Fri at 7pm
- Attend more meet-ups and blogging events
- Make Business Cards – I keep meaning to do this but never get round to it.
- Review every product that I purchase in 2016
- Continue my Instagram and Empties posts
- Try Teeth Whitening – now I know this was on my list for last year but it is one that I would still like to try out if I could get the funds/courage to try it out. I have never been 100% happy with my smile so it would be nice to see if this is a step in the right direction.
- Get a facial once a month – I always look forward to a good facial and my skin really thanks me for it afterwards and this is something that I want to do more often!
- Grow those damn nails
- Use up a tonne of those products in my big drawer of stuff
Netflix, TV and Movies
- Finish watching ‘Jessica Jones’
- Watch ‘Once Upon A Time’
- Watch ‘Supernatural’
- Buy the ‘Last Hunger Games’ on DVD
- Catch up on ‘Vampire Diaries’ where I left off a few years a go
- Watch ‘Gossip Girl’
- Watch ‘How to Get Away with Murder’
- Watch ‘ Luther’
- Learn to cook – it really is a case of can’t cook won’t cook with me. I want to start small and manageable and learn how to cook vegetarian meals as my OCD still makes it hard for me to do anything involving meat.
- Read all the books I bought in 2015 – I bought a lot of beauty and fashion books in 2015 and have not touched a single one, I want to have read all these books by the end of the year.
- Bring lunch to work more – I literally spend a fortune on buying my lunch each day from Sainsbury’s (other supermarket chains available) and always opt for the unhealthy option of soft drinks and pastries so I want to go back to the days when I used to bring in salads and sandwiches.
- Learnt to drive on motorway
- Become serious about saving money to move out
- Don’t buy things I don’t NEED – only as a treat
- Spend on experiences rather than material things
Fitness and Health
- Join a dance class – I have loved dance ever since I can remember but I stopped as a kid when my dance teacher stopped teaching and my little anxious brain just couldn’t cope with joining another group. I really miss dancing and the feeling I get when I dance or watch dance and I really want to get that back in 2016 – even if it is just with a fitness class.
- Reduce my soft drink intake
- Work out at least once a week
- Complete my therapy check up
- Get over this whole food phobia I’ve got going on at the moment – thanks OCD
- Do at least one charity walk
- Get back down to my goal weight of 9st
- Go abroad with Chandler – we have many ideas and suggestions we just need to knuckle down and pick one! I always love little trips away with this one, it’s always a laugh.
- Take two short trips to places in the UK
- Go on an overnight Spa break
- Spend more time with my friends
- Be the instigator – try to be the person who organises to go out more instead of waiting for people to ask.
- Let people in
- Have open and honest conversations with people on what works/doesn’t work in our relationship – Don’t just go with the flow if something is making you unhappy, change it!
Those are my resolutions for 2016, let me know what yours are in the comments below.
Happy New Year
Until Next Time,
Laugh, Love and Shop