Welcome to my second Book Club Box unboxing.
For anyone who doesn’t know Book Club Box is a UK Subscription service run by the wonderful Libby and Kate. Each month, avid readers get sent:
- A hotly anticipated newly released YA novel
- 4-6 handpicked and hand crafted Bookish goodies
- An invitation to their members-only online book group where you can chat to other members and to the author of that months book.
Book Club Box’s May theme was ‘Stargazers’ and was inspired by a few of our bookish favourites about magic and the stars. The boxes are beautifully packaged and the book of the month is wrapped perfectly. You can also really tell there has been a lot of thought into the items they include in the boxes too. There was two items in this months that completely stole my heart.
When you open the box, the first thing you will see is the leaflet explaining to you everything that is in the box – it is beautifully designed and gives you a brief synopsis of each item as well as gives a shout out and link shares the artists that helped create the box. You invitation is also here as well which has your name written on it which I think is a really nice touch.
Next on to the bookish goodies
- Constellation Socks by Joe Cool.
- Professor Trelawney Magnetic Bookmark by Magic Bookmarks (how adorable is this!)
- To the Stars Who Listen Pouch by Catarina Book Designs (This is A Court of Thorns and Rose inspired)
- Felis Constellation Pin by Tumble and Rose (my fave item in the box)
- Shakespeare’s Mirror by Book Club Box
The final thing I opened was the hardback book for the month of May which was The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton. This is a book that I have heard absolutely nothing about! According to the synopsis the book follows a prophecy obsessed king as he tries to save the decaying kingdom. As the monarch fades, his three daughters are up to take over the crown in the hopes of being able to save Innis Lear.
I adored the item in this months box and cannot wait to dive right in and use all the items.
What was your fave item from the box? Are you signed up to a bookish subscription? If so let me know in the comments below
Until next time,