Hello there interwebs, long time no speak! I know I know, I haven’t really been much of a blogger recently but I am hoping to get that changed soon. For those of you who don’t know I spent three weeks away recently in Australia and then have been manic with work so have neglected my precious corner of the web a little bit.
I explored a mixture of the Gold Coast and Sydney when I was in Australia but it was Sydney that really stole my heart – the shopping, the history and the friendly people.
Here are my top 5 things you should do if you visit Sydney:
1. Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge – This was the absolute highlight of my trip to Sydney and something I would recommend to everyone. It is on the pricey side but it is a once in a lifetime experience and those views! My god, those views are spectacular and beat anything you would be able to see on the ground. The guides are super knowledgeable and give you a tonne of history about the city and the bridge itself and make you feel super at ease -which is perfect if heights are not your favourite thing. The longest climb lasts around 3.5hrs all up including training and getting geared up but the time absolutely flies by.
2. Watch a Show at the Sydney Opera House – Now I know that watching an opera or a theatre show is not to everyone’s liking but it was such an amazing experience to watch something inside the magnificent building that frames the harbour area. I watched Funny Girl The Musical in Concert and adored it! The acoustics are incredible and the building itself is stunning.
3. Go Shopping – Anyone who knows me knows I can shop till I drop and Sydney’s shopping scene meets expectations. There are three massive shopping areas for you to explore – Queen Victoria Building, Mid City and Westfield Sydney. QVB was definitely my fave with much more accessible and affordable high street stores. The strand is also worth a look around the architecture is incredible and is the perfect place for a coffee a little bit off the beaten track. It also houses the Nut Shop, which does the best Vienna Almonds EVER!
4. Visit The Blue Mountains – Not many people, myself included, realise that Sydney life isn’t all about the City. Why not take a day trip to the Blue Mountains in Katoomba. Plenty of tour operators offer excursions and I chose AATKings and wasn’t disappointed. We visited the Three Sisters lookout, Scenic World, a wildlife park and had a river cruise back to the harbour. The views from Scenic world were spectacular and well worth the trip. It was also super relaxing to have a walk through the forest area after a few days in the manic city. Including in our tour was lunch and morning coffee and cake and a free drink on the boat cruise at the end of the evening.
5. Look at the view out of Sydney Tower Eye – Can’t get enough of that Sydney Skyline? Then Tower Eye is the perfect place to go. Start the trip with a few minutes long 4D movie about the city and then head on up to the very top of the tower were you will be 250m above ground on the observation deck.
Ever visited Sydney before? What was your favourite thing? Let me know in the comments below…..
Until next time,